Today is a big day for publishing and technology. O’Reilly’s Tools for Change conference is happening now at the Sheraton New York Hotel & Towers, with our president, Dawn Reshen-Doty in attendance. She’ll be making contact with publishers, editors and other professionals. The latest developments and technology will be showcased. This year’s TOC conference will include:
- Keynote presentations that frame the visions of publishing's future into a meaningful picture
- Focused, expert-led breakout sessions covering both analysis and practical advice
- Half-day tutorials that dive deep into necessary skills and tools
- A relevant Exhibit Hall connecting attendees with the projects, products, and services shaping industry change
- Networking events and hallway conversations designed to help all participants connect with like minds
There will be several keynote speakers including Patricia Arancibia of Barnes & Noble, Kevin Kelly of Wired, Margaret Atwood, author of several books including A Handmaid’s Tale, and Richard Nash, CEO and Founder of Cursor. Workshops will be held on topics ranging from how to perfect final copies of eBooks, to how to design aps for the iPad. This year’s conference will show us what to expect in 2011, what worked from the previous year and what didn’t, and which new applications, websites, and startups to watch. Check back for the scoop tomorrow!